How To Do The Hammer Curls Exercise
Benefits of Hammer Curls
This is a bicep exercise that strengthens the arm muscles that bend your elbow, and is an excellent addition to any fitness routine. This dumbbell exercise also works the muscles in the forearm. With this workout, you will be more able to pick up and carry things like your children, groceries, books or your brief case.
What muscles do this exercise work or strengthen?
The muscles that are strengthened by this exercise are:
Biceps brachii - Long Head and Short Head (Flexes forearm)
Brachialis (Flexes forearm)
Brachioradialis (Flexes forearm)
Pronator teres (Weakly flexes forearm)
Flexor digitorum superficialis (Flexes the phalanges)
Flexor digitorum profundus (Flexes the phalanges)
Flexor pollicis longus (Flexes the thumb)
Flexor pollicis brevis (Flexes the thumb)
Flexor digiti minimi brevis (Flexes the little finger)
Lumbricales (Flexes proximal phalanx)
Dorsal interossei (Flexes proximal phalanx)
and the Palmar interossei (Flexes proximal phalanx)
And it will improve your physical appearance.
- Hold the dumbbells at your side with your arms straight
- Turn your hands so that the palms face each other
- Your feet should be hip-width apart
- Keep your back and neck well aligned
- As you breathe out, squeeze your biceps and bend your arms at the elbows lifting the weights up towards your shoulders
- Keep the elbows stationary as you lift the weights
- As you breathe in, slowly lower the weights to the starting position by straightening your elbows
- Do 1 - 3 sets of 8 - 12 repetitions of this exercise
Powered by Site Build It
Click to build a website and make money from your home!
Return from Hammer Curls to Bicep Exercises
To Dumbbell Exercises
TOP OF PAGE
ReverseFly | SingleArmRow | ACurls | ConcentrationCurl | PreacherCurl | InclineCurl | ChestFly | ChestPress | FrontRaise | LateralRaises | OverheadPress | ShoulderExtension | Shrugs | UprightRow | Extension | Kickback | Press