The Overhead Arm Raises Flexibility Exercise
The Overhead Arm Raises flexibility and stretching exercise will increase the range of motion of your shoulder muscles and joints. This motion will make it easier for you to reach for high objects.
We have a tendency to hold our arms too far forward when doing this exercise. The best way to properly align our arms is to stand with our backs against a wall. When sliding your arms up and down, make sure that they are flat against the wall. This is the proper alignment of your arms while doing this workout.
- Stand straight with your feet apart for stability. Stand with your back against a wall if you have a problem with balance, or if you are not sure how to properly align your arms with your body.
- Place your arms in a "W" position.
Raise your arms as high as possible while maintaining the proper alignment.
- Hold this position for 30 to 60 seconds as your breathe deeply.
- Return to the starting position.
- Repeat this procedure 1 to 3 times.
- You can do this exercise once or twice a day.
Powered by Site Build It
Click to build a website and make money from your home!
Return from Overhead Arm Raises to Flexibility Exercises
TOP OF PAGE