Calf Muscles Stretch Flexibility Exercise
The calf muscles stretch is a flexibility and stretching exercise that helps us maintain a healthy range of motion of our leg and feet. These muscles flex our leg and plantar flex our feet. These actions are necessary for walking and running.
The muscles that benefit from this flexibility workout are
- Gastrocnemius - flexes the leg and plantar flexes the foot.
- Soleus - plantar flexes the foot.
- Plantaris - flexes the leg and plantar flexes the foot.
- Popliteus - flexes the leg and rotates it medially.
- Flexor hallucis - flexes the great toe; plantar flexes and inverts the foot.
- Flexor digitorum - flexes the toes; plantar flexes and inverts the foot.
- And the Tibialis posterior - plantar flexes and inverts the foot.
- Stand upright about arms length from a wall
- Support yourself on the wall with your arms with elbows slightly bent
- Move your right leg back 1 to 2 feet
- Keeping both heels flat on the floor, lean slowly forward until you feel mild discomfort
- If you feel any pain, move back a little
- Try to hold this position for 30 to 60 seconds
- Repeat this procedure with the left leg
Powered by Solo Build It
Click to build a website and make money from your home!
Return from Calf Stretch Exercise to Flexibility Exercises
TOP OF PAGE
| Site Map
| Contact Us