How To Do The Captain's Chair Ab Workout To Develop Great Abs
Benefits Of The Captain's Chair Abs Exercise
The abdominal muscles are worked by body rotation, which gives a more intense exercise. Keeping the ab muscles strong helps to stabilize and support our back. Plus you get the added benefits of improving your physical appearance.
This abdominal exercise and core exercise is easy to learn and do, and is an excellent method on how to get a flat stomach. It works primarily your abdominal muscles, and is one of the best ab exercises.
You need to purchase pricey equipment to do this exercise at home. This also means that you need physical space for this equipment. You also need to be able to hold up your body weight with your upper arm and shoulder muscles.
Click to view the description of an alternative method that allows you to do this exercise at home using less expensive equipment.
However, doing this exercise may have the added benefit of increasing the strength of your upper arms and shoulders.
Make sure that your equipment has a back support, which helps you to keep your neck and spine well aligned. Don't forget to breathe in and out as you lift and lower your knees.
Do only a few repetitions at a time until you build up your upper arm and shoulder muscle strength allowing you to hold up your body weight for extended periods of time.
How To Do The Captain's Chair Ab Exercise
The workout procedure is easy to do once you increase your upper arm and shoulder strength. At first, you may feel some soreness in your shoulders. However, this soreness will diminish as you become stronger.
In the pictures below, I am using the Weider 200 Power Tower (Amazon.com Link)
Make sure that you keep your head above your shoulders. Don't slump!
- Grip the hand holds, and place your forearms on the pads to stabilize your upper body
- Lightly press your lower back on the back pad support
- Start by holding your body up with your legs dangling
Slowly lift your knees up toward your chest with your knees and feet together
- The motion should be controlled and deliberate as you bring your knees up and return them back to the starting position
- Try to do 10 reps at a time, increasing the number of reps to about 25 as you become stronger
Alternative Equipment For The Captain's Chair Ab Exercise
You can do this workout using either
- Equipment is less expensive than a Power Tower
- Equipment can be easily stored in a closet
- Equipment is easy and quick to install
- The low cost allows more people to do this exercise at home
- You have to be able to hold up your body weight with your chest muscles
- There is no back support which makes it a little harder to keep your upper body straight
Powered by Solo Build It
Click to build a website and make money from your home!
Return from Captain's Chair Abdominal Exercise to Best Abdominal Exercises
TOP OF PAGE
Bicycle Maneuver | CrunchOnBall | VerticalLegCrunch | ReverseCrunch
| Site Map
| Contact Us