Tandem Walking Improves Our Spatial Coordination And Leg Strength
Benefits Of Tandem Walking
This is one of the balance exercises that can be performed almost anywhere. It improves our coordination. It also strengthens our leg and trunk muscles, and is an excellent addition to any fitness routine.
Do this exercise in a hallway or other area where you can stroll at least 10 feet without any obstructions. It is ideal to use firm flooring such as flooring without carpeting or low-pile carpet.
- Stand up straight at the end of the hallway
- Keep your ab muscles tight, and your chin tucked in
- Place one foot in front of the other so that the heel of the forward foot touches the toes of the rear foot
- Move forward as if you were on a tightrope with the heel of one foot touching the toes of the other
- Go for about 10 feet
- Repeat 5 times
- Perform this exercise once or twice a day, or whenever you traverse down a long hallway
Powered by Solo Build It
Click to build a website and make money from your home!
Return from Tandem Walking to Balance Exercises
TOP OF PAGE
ToeStands | HStands | OneLeggedStand | TStands | HToe | CrossOver
| Site Map
| Contact Us