How To Do The Hamstring Floor Curls Exercise
Benefits of the Hamstring Floor Curls
This is one of the leg strengthening exercises, also known as a Bridge, that works the muscles in the back of your thigh - the hamstrings. These muscles allow you to bend your knees, and control their motion as you walk. They are essential for walking. This leg workout is one of the best thigh exercises.
It is not as intense as the exercise ball or bench version, but is still a great exercise. It is an excellent addition to any fitness routine.
The primary muscles that are strengthened from this exercise are:
- gluteus maximus (extends thigh)
- biceps femoris (extends thigh)
- semitendinosus (extends thigh)
- semimembranosus (extends thigh)
- piriformis (extends thigh)
- and the adductor magnus (extends thigh)
Another benefit is that strengthening these muscles may prevent "Runner's Knee", which is also known as patellofemoral pain syndrome. According to Dr. Darin Padua in an article titled "Pinpointing the causes of 'runner's knee"",
it is stated that weaker muscles behind the thighs are 2.9 times more likely to develop "Runner's Knee."
For maximum intensity, you can exercise one leg at a time. However, if your legs are not strong enough yet, you can workout both legs at the same time
When you lift your torso up, keep your spine straight. Don't arch your back.
A Pilates Mat isn't necessary, but if you are exercising on a slippery floor, it is best to use a mat to keep from slipping.
- Lie flat on a Pilates Mat or Exercise Mat with your hands at your sides
- Bend your knees and place your right foot near your hips, and keep your left leg straight and in the air as shown
- Breathe in
- As you breathe out, lift your torso with your right leg until your knee forms a 90 degree angle, and your back forms a straight line with your right thigh
- Hold this position for several seconds while breathing normally
- Slowly lower to the starting position
- Do 8 to 12 repetitions
- Repeat this procedure for the left leg
- Do this exercise 3 times a week, every other day
Powered by Solo Build It
Click to build a website and make
money from your home!
Return from Hamstring Floor Curls to Leg Exercises
TOP OF PAGE
Donkey Kicks |
H.String Bench Curls |
H.String Standing Curls |
H.String Curls With Ball |
Heel Stands |
Hip Abductions |
Hip Extensions |
Hip Flexions |
Step Ups |
Toe Stands |
| Site Map
| Contact Us